At Elevated Web Services, we create clean, scaleable designs with user interaction as a focus.
User experience is becoming increasingly more competitive, even more than price or product. In fact, user experience is how Google is starting to rank websites! Our job is to deliver that great experience and keep you competitive.
Website Design Steps- what you need to know…
Step 1. Hosting & Domains
Decide on whether you would like your website to be hosted with Elevated Web Services rather than your current hosting provider. Contact us about our domain migration.
Step 2. Planning Your Website and Creating a Sitemap
All websites start with a plan. Website developers call this plan a “wireframe” or sitemap. It doesn’t have to be an official document; it’s simply a vision for your site that’ll give both everyone a direction and a place to start.
A thorough wireframe plan gives us insight into your goals and deliverables, and an idea of what you’re picturing and the information needed to meet your vision. You can create your sitemap on your own or work with us to create a plan.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself when planning your site.
- What individual pages do you want? What content will be on those pages?
- How can you organize those pages into categories? (Think of this as something that might represent your homepage menu.)
- What is the hierarchy of pages on your site? (This is sometimes classified as main, and sub-menu, or even sub-sub-menu pages.)
- How will the pages link together? Or further, what page flow would you like to see users take when navigating your website?
- What pages and categories are essential to your site and user experience, and which ones could be removed or combined?
Step 2. Designing the website
This process varies based on the size and complexity of the website. Timeframes vary as well.
Colors, design, functionality, images, etc. are all decided during this step.
Some questions you will be asked during this time:
- What are three website designs that you like?
- What elements of those designs are your favorite? (sliders, page layouts, etc.)
- What elements do you not like?
- What is the end goal for the user to make? Do these designs meet that goal?
- What feel are your trying to create? (Retro, contemporary, clean, strictly professional, etc.)
- Do you need payment processing, reservation systems, appointment scheduling, etc.?
We use WordPress as our design platform. It gives you as the client power to manage and create content. It also keeps your website centralized, which we love! Using WordPress also reduces the high prices of an online store by thousands of dollars. Most companies start quote a simple online store around $8,000. WordPress saves time and money.
Step 3. Content, content, content.
Believe it or not, but step 3 takes the most time. Elevated Web Services, L.L.C. offers the option for clients to create their own content (about pages, information, products, images, etc). It keeps your cost down and your professional knowledge will greatly benefit your website. If you would rather our experienced team create your content we would be happy to quote you for our optimized content!
At Elevated Web Services, L.L.C. we work closely with you during this stage communicating exactly what we need to finish your website.
Step 4. Social media and ground work SEO
Social media is huge! Plan to use it for marketing more than your website. It drives traffic to your website along with SEO (search engine optimization). We are skilled in creating optimized pages to help land you on the first page of search engine sites based on keywords, location, and content.
Step 5. Testing. Final edits. Finished!
Testing, final reviews and edits take place before launching your website. At this point you may choose if you would like have Elevated Web Services, L.L.C. manage your website.